UmanDiagnostics is committed to deliver fast and accurate diagnosis of neurological diseases. The company develops and markets valuable tools for early detection of disease. The company was founded in 2006 and has since then had focus on diseases affecting the white matter such as Multiple Sclerosis and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.
Niklas Norgren, CEO
We know the importance of privacy and confidentiality. Therefore, we adhere to strict guidelines regarding how we handle sensitive data. Especially when collect personal information about you.
In this policy you can read in detail about how we handle personal data, for which reason, and how you can control what data we store about you. Do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information about the legal aspects of handling personal data.
- Uman is the data controller responsible for processing your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
What types of data do we process?
Personal data means all types of information which can, directly or indirectly, be used to identify a living person (“Personal Data”).
- Uman collect and processes Personal Data about you when you use the contact form on the company´s website. The information that we collect and process in such cases include:
(i) Contact information including, name email adress and telephone number; and
(ii) Other Personal Data that you provide us with.
(i) and (ii) above is collectively referred to as “Contact Information”.
- Uman collects information that is necessary for us to be able to contact you in your role as a representative for a company. Uman collects and processes information about you if you represent a company that is a customer, supplier, contractor or otherwise partner of ours, as well as a potential customer, supplier, contractor or otherwise partner of ours. The information that we collect and process in such cases include contact information (such as name, address, title, company, email address and telephone number).
- Uman also collects Personal Data in connection with recruiting staff members. When you contact us to apply for a job opportunity with us, we collect such Personal Data that you provide us with in connection with such application. Personal Data normally included in a job application is contact information (name, address, email address and telephone number), CV (including previous work experience and education), and occasionally picture and personal registration number.
Why do we process your personal data?
Uman collect Personal data relating to you for the following reasons:
- to market ourselves
- to contact you as a representative for customer, supplier, contractor or otherwise partner of ours
- to process job applications and
- to fulfil requirements by law
The legal ground for processing personal data
Uman’s processing of your Personal Data is based on the legal grounds as follows:
The legitimate interest of Uman constitute the legal basis for processing in situations where you provide us with your contact information by handing us a business card or otherwise has expressed an interest in our or services. The legitimate interests of Uman in such cases is for Uman to be able to market it’s services.
Furthermore, the legitimate interest of Uman is the legal basis for when Uman is processing your personal data when you are a representative for a customer, supplier, contractor or otherwise partner of ours. The legitimate interests of Uman in such cases are Uman’s need to contact you as a representative to administer the relationship Uman has with the company that you represent.
Also, the legitimate interest of Uman is the legal basis for Uman’s processing of your Personal Data in connection with your job application, in which cases the legitimate interests of Uman are to be able to secure that its employees has sufficient education and experience.
Additionally, the legitimate interest of Uman is the legal basis for Uman’s processing of your Personal Data in connection with Uman distributing newsletters, invitations to events and collaboration offers. The legitimate interests of Uman in such cases is for Uman to be able to market itself and its services.
Uman may process your Personal Data for the purpose of complying with safety standards and other statutory requirements, based on the legal ground that this is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Uman is subject.
For how long do we store data?
How may data be shared?
- Uman will not sell, trade or lease your Personal Data to third parties. However, Uman may share Personal Data with our trusted subcontractors (including Internet service providers). They may need access to the Personal Data in their assignment for us, but they will not be allowed to use the Personal Data for any other purpose.
- Unless otherwise set forth in any specific information regarding our processing of your personal data, Uman will not transfer your Personal Data to any country outside the EU/EEA.
- Personal Data may be disclosed by Uman to comply with legal requirements or other requirements from official authorities, in order to safeguard Uman’s legal interests or to detect, prevent, or draw attention to frauds or other safety or technical problems.
Protection of your personal data
You should always feel secure when you provide your Personal Data to us. We have employed a wide range of security measures to help protect your Personal Data against undue access, modification and deletion.
We protect your Personal Data using reasonable safeguards to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. These measures include data encryption and firewalls.
Your rights regarding your data
Withdrawal of consent
Corrections, additions or erasure
You are always entitled to access your Personal Data for viewing, and to request that we correct or update your Personal Data. Furthermore, you have the right to demand that we erase your Personal Data (unless the Personal Data has to be saved for another purpose, for example to fulfil legal obligations).
Restrictions of use and data portability
Under certain circumstances, you may request that Uman restricts the use of your Personal Data. You also have the right to have your Personal Data resubmitted to you, in a structured and accessible format, for transfer to another user/processor.
Requests and Complaints
Should you be dissatisfied with our processing of your Personal Data, please let us know, and we will do our best to meet your complaints. Your integrity is very important to us, and we always strive to protect and secure your Personal Data in the best possible way. Should we nevertheless, in your opinion, fail in this ambition, please note that you are also entitled to lodge a complaint with the Swedish Data Protection Authority (Sw. Datainspektionen, which will change its name to Integritetsskyddsmyndigheten), or such other authority as may be determined in the future.
As a first-time visitor to our website, you will be asked for approval for us saving cookies on your computer. You can later delete these cookies by clearing your browser cache. You can block cookies if you like, either all or only those from specific websites.
When you fill in the contact form, Uman will save your contact information to be able to get in touch. If you want to delete your information, just let us know by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or use the contact form.
A cookie is a text-based data file that a website may request to save in the site visitor’s computer. Cookies are often used to give the visitor access to various features or services on the site. The information in the data file makes it possible to satisfy the visitor’s choice on the site. There are two different types of cookies: cookies and session cookies.
For example, cookies are used to tell the visitor what has happened to the site since last visit. This type of cookies can also be used to keep statistics, save username and password for login services. The storage time for these cookies is determined by the site.
Session cookies can be used for the time the visitor is active on the site. These cookies are only temporarily stored in the visitor’s computer memory and are automatically deleted when the visitor closes their browser. A common use of this kind of cookies is to keep track of temporary settings like language, CSS, username / password, or similar. They can also facilitate some type of navigation on the site.
Uman uses session cookies and cookies from third parties, such as statistics from Google Analytics.
How to contact us
You can contact us at: UmanDiagnostics AB, 907 36 Umeå, Sweden, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.